The design of the Ficep robotic system for structural steel features a Cartesian robot in conjunction with a High Definition Plasma Torch to simply perform the generation of:
- bolt holes
- cut off
- complex routines
on all three planes of the structural steel member with just one CNC system and operator. For smaller structural steel fabricators and firms manufacturing a product line who require structural steel are realizing this to be an extremely versatile tool that requires limited space.
The six axis capability of the robot gives full beveling on both the flanges and the web without any manual setup plus the ability to process all four sides of structural tubes.
For those applications that cannot be addressed with plasma due to the thickness or location of the cut to the flange, the robot automatically changes to an oxy-fuel torch to accomplish even these tasks with the same system.
For approximately 25% of the cost of the robot you can add a CNC drill line in tandem to achieve full versatility and productivity now or in the future as your production requirements change.
The Cartesian design simplifies the programming software so even complex routines can be simply entered or downloaded from a CAD system.
- The robot can be furnished with oxy-fuel and plasma torches to maximize the versatility and productivity with an automatic tool changer to select either the plasma or oxy-fuel torch automatically in seconds.
- Integrated laser probing capability automatically compensates for typical mill tolerances to provide both accurate and reliable performance
- The laser probing system makes it unnecessary to probe for each hole that is plasma cut in the section.
- Full robotic programmable motion for weld prep in both flanges and the web
- Local serviceability of the PC
- Low maintenance cost due to the utilization of a standard PC platform
- The Ficep software eliminates the requirement for additional hardware such as third party axis control boards, PLC hardware and encoder switching boards
- The Ficep Windows based control is provided with the proprietary Ficep software for remote diagnostics through a phone or internet connection.
- Full single and compound miter cutting so the flange cuts accurately align with the web miter angle.
- Full integration of drilling, coping, end preparation, cut off and more!!!!
Robotic Coping Lines
|Model||1201 FRC||2061 TT|
|Number of Robotic Axis on the Coper||6||5|
|Laser Scanning of Profile for Mill Tolerance Deviations||Yes||No|
|Automatic Tool Changer||Yes||Yes|
|Weld Prep in the Flanges||Yes||Yes|
|Weld Prep in the Web||Yes||Yes|
|Programmable Weld Prep Angles||+45°||+45°|
|Fourth Side Cutting for Tubes||Yes||No|
FICEP Robotic Plasma System 1201 FRC Flex 12